Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Canning

This year I went absolutely banana's when it came to canning jam.  I haven't done it in a while and boy did I have fun.  I used to make it all the time before the kids were born, I don't know why I stopped.  But they are old enough now that I am pursuing my jamming with passion once again.  My husband and kids absolutely love it because they have fresh jam to pile high on toast and pancakes.  And there really isn't anything quite like fresh jam.

We moved on to a property last year that already has established fruit trees.  And one of my new favorite jams is now white peach.  Along with the strawberry-mango that I just couldn't get enough of, and the strawberry apricot, and the raspberry.  The jam has actually disappeared faster then the stuff I buy in the stores by probably three fold.  So I know what I will be doing again next year.  I will be Jamming!

No comments:

Post a Comment